– Family Centered Treatment for Women
– A Review of Alcohol and Drug Issues in the States’ Child and Family Service Reviews and Program Improvement Plans
-TIP 38-Integrating Substance Abuse Treatment and Vocational Services
Multi-Service Agency Models
– Shields for Families – is the largest family service provider in South Los Angeles, offering at-risk children and families the tools they need to succeed, including education, adequate housing, health care, nutrition, and support. SHIELDS for Families programs have been cited as best-practice models for women and children by the California State Legislature, the California State Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, the Children’s Defense Fund, the California Institute of Mental Health, the Abandoned Infants Association, and the National Health Policy Institute.
– PROTOTYPES – Their mission is to rebuild the lives of women, children and communities impacted by substance abuse, mental illness and domestic violence. With six program locations in Southern California, PROTOTYPES promote self-sufficiency by providing integrated and comprehensive programs and ensuring safety and shelter for those in need.
– Meta House– is a nationally recognized, gender-responsive substance abuse treatment program in Milwaukee, Wisconsin dedicated to helping women through the progression of recovery. Meta House was the first residential treatment facility in the country designed specifically for women with substance use disorders, and has been providing long-term gender-responsive treatment for over 40 years. Meta House was also one of the first in the nation to include children in the residential setting.